The Bean Chair – Forest & Oyster
The Forest & Oyster bean tranquil tones chair will bring an air of calm to your space. We use quality cotton weaved fabrics that are both hard wearing and comfortable.
Filled with our truly eco-friendly filling bio foam that can be composted at the end of its life, causing no lasting effect on the environment like traditional bean bag fillings.
Recommended for: Adults and teenagers, additional non-fixed seating, office, or workspace seating.
The Forest & Oyster Bean Chair is the perfect eco-friendly chair for your home. We have designed our products with the environment in mind from materials to the inner filling.
We use thread made from recycled plastic bottles that is both durable and hard wearing for that quality finish.
Our Bean Chair consists of multiple panels to create a more structured shape with an indented seating panel, so it sits more like a feature chair and will hold its shape even when not in use. Our Bean Chair is designed with a curved back to provide lower back support and a deep base for a more comfortable seating experience. A matching cotton piped detailed edge is added for a high-quality furnished look. The top panels have contrasting top stitching which match the base for a tailored quality finish.
We have taken every step to make sure our Bean Chairs are as eco-friendly as possible from fabric to filling so you can rest assure that our Bean Chair has minimal impact on the environment. We are confident that once you have relaxed in one of our Bean Chairs you won’t want to get out. Our Bean Chairs come pre-filled so they're ready to use straight out of the box.
We are proud to say our products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom with a commitment to offer exceptional products with a focus on sustainability.
Fabrics and fillings
- Biopolymer filling that looks and acts like a polystyrene bead but is compostable
- 100% cotton cover
- 100% calico barrier interlining that has been tested to the latest fire safety standards
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- Outer bag 100% natural meaning no nasty chemicals against the skin
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for decoration
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- All thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Durable and hard wearing
- Outer cover is 100% removable
90cm high x 85cm diameter
We make sure all our bean bag products are generously filled with our biopolymer filling for ultimate comfort and a sturdy structure.
Care and Cleaning
For any light stains on the outer cover, you can spot clean with a damp cloth and leave to dry. More stubborn stains will require you to remove the outer cover. Because our products are made from natural fabrics covers must be washed on a delicate washing cycle at a maximum temperature of 30 degrees with a non bio / gentle washing detergent.
- We advise to keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid natural bleaching of colours
- Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your bean bag product and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to there original shape
- As our outer cover is made from 100% cotton some bobbling will occur due to the natural fibres, this is normal. Use a lint remover over the worst areas to remove the fluff. This will cause no harm to the product but will have it looking as good as new.
- As we use top quality weaved fabrics any loose threads should be cut and not pulled as this will damage the product
If you are experiencing any other problems with your product please contact a friendly member of our team at [email protected] with a picture of any fault, and we will be happy to help.
Box dimensions –
Large – Chairs, Loungers, Bags, 180 litres + refills (60cm x 60cm x 70cm)
Medium – Stools, 120 litres refill (62cm x 47cm x 48cm)
Small – Cushion, 60 litre refills (62cm x 47cm x 25cm)
We have kept our packaging simple. We don’t see the need to fill our boxes with nasty plastics or unnecessary paper. You will receive your product in just the box its posted in. All we ask of you is to recycle the box and sit back and enjoy your new beanbag.
We normally dispatch orders within one to two weeks, however because of the hand made nature of our products in some instances it can take longer. You will receive a confirmation email when the product is dispatched, and you should receive it the next working day via DPD for deliveries within the UK. International deliveries can take approximately 5-7 business days and longer at peak times of the year.