The Bean Chair – Waterproof
Lounge indoors or outdoors in our eco-friendly waterproof Bean Chair. All the comfort of our cotton bean chair but with a heavy duty waxed cotton cover so it can be enjoyed outdoors during fair weather. Generously filled with our compostable filling and stitched with our quality thread manufactured from recycled plastic bottles. It will add sleek style into your outdoor area while providing a comfy seat for you too recline and relax.
Available filled, or unfilled.
Co-ordinate your room with our nature inspired cream and brown Bean Cushion that has been made with the environment in mind. It’s a great way to tie in any of our other Cream and Cocoa Bean products into your living space, or just to have as a stand-alone accessory.
This soft furnishing has a sturdy barrier inter-liner that holds our environmentally friendly, compostable, corn starch filling. We use strong threads that have been made form repurposed recycled plastic bottles to give you a more durable product. We have used excellent quality tight weave cotton fabrics to create an outer cover that are soft to touch and free of chemicals. A detailed piped edge and contrast top-stitching gives a luxury tailored soft furnishing looks to our cushions.
We have used a contrast colour fabric on the back of the cushion to match our stitching. An extra strong matching zip on the centre back seam allows you to remove cover with ease. Pair with any of our other Bean products to create a more mindful eco-friendly living space.
We are proud to say our products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom.
|Filled / Unfilled||
Fabric & Fillings
Fabrics and fillings
- Biopolymer filling that looks and acts like a polystyrene bead but is 100% natural
- 100% waxed cotton waterproof outer cover
- 100% calico barrier interlining that has been tested to the latest fire safety standards
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- Outer bag has been treated with a natural wax for high water resistance
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for decoration
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- All thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Durable and hard wearing
- Outer cover can be removed if you want a new look
- Two inner ties to allow you to fit the outer cover over the lining with ease
90cm high x 85cm diameter
We make sure all our bean bag products are generously filled with our biopolymer filling for ultimate comfort and a sturdy structure.
Care and Cleaning
The high-quality wax cotton cover has a waterproof rating of 4/5. Any attempt to spot clean should be done with a cold damp soft cloth with no chemicals added. Gently dab the area until the stain is gone, any heat added to the fabric will melt and damage the wax reducing its waterproof coating. To change the cover use the safety pin supplied with the product to go through your zipper pull to open the zips auto lock and remove once closed.
- We advise to keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid melting the wax or natural bleaching of colours.
- We advise not to leave your bean bag out in the rain. It has a 4 out of 5 waterproof rating, however it should be stored in a dry place.
- Do not leave you product outdoors when not in use, it will dramatically reduce the longevity of your bean product.
- Store indoors or in a dry area during winter months.
- Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your product and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to there original shape.
If you are experiencing any other problems with your product please contact a friendly member of our team at [email protected] with a picture of any fault, and we will be happy to help.
Box dimensions –
Large – Chairs, Bags, 180 litres + refills (60cm x 60cm x 70cm)
Medium – Stools, 120 litres refill (62cm x 47cm x 48cm)
Small – Cushion, 60 litre refills (62cm x 47cm x 25cm)
We have kept our packaging simple. We don’t see the need to fill our boxes with nasty plastics or unnecessary paper. You will receive your product in just the box its posted in. All we ask of you is to recycle the box and sit back and enjoy your new beanbag.
We normally dispatch orders within one to two weeks, however because of the hand made nature of our products in some instances it can take longer. You will receive a confirmation email when the product is dispatched, and you should receive it the next working day via DPD.
Our large waterproof Bean Chair in two complimentary rich shades that will both suit your both your modern interior and outdoor areas. We use the highest quality waterproof fabric inspired by waterproof waxed cotton jackets, to ensure your product stays watertight with the same aging process to create a unique look. Perfect for on trend interiors with contemporary panelling and a detailed piped edge, which will make a statement inside and outside your home. Generously filled with our compostable Biofoam filling – great for your home and the environment. It is manufactured using thread made from recycled plastic bottles, it is super hard wearing and durable, making it a beanbag for life.
Our Bean Chairs are finished with a tailored look with structured shaping creating a deep base, indented seat and curved back so you can feel snug and your lower back feels supported when seated. The inner bags consist of a sturdy barrier interlining which adds even more support encasing our compostable filling. We have taken every step in the design and manufacturing process to make this Bean Chair as eco-friendly as possible to help reduce our impact on the environment. All our bean products come direct to you ready filled to reduce the mess and hassle, leave that to us, all need to do is remove the product sit back and unwind.
We are proud to say our Products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom.