The Outdoor Bean Chair – Marine & Orca
Lounge indoors or outdoors in our eco-friendly water-repellent bean chair, all the comfort of our woven cotton bean chair but with a heavy-duty, waxed cotton cover so it can be enjoyed outdoors during fair weather.
Generously filled with our compostable filling and stitched with our quality thread manufactured from recycled plastic bottles, it will add sleek style to your outdoor area while providing a comfy seat for you to recline and relax.
Our larger bean products will give you the ultimate level of comfort and support. The perfect size for children and adults.
Our water-repellent Bean Chair has a two-tone ocean-inspired blue top with a rich black base that will suit both a modern interior and outdoor areas. We use the highest quality water-repellent fabric to ensure your product stays splash resistant. Perfect for on-trend interiors with contemporary panelling and a detailed piped edge, which will make a statement inside and outside your home. Generously filled with our compostable bio-foam filling - great for your home and the environment.
This chair is manufactured using thread made from recycled plastic bottles, it is super hard wearing and durable, making it a beanbag for life. It is the perfect shape to fit into smaller areas and corners to add extra seating. Our Bean Chairs are finished with a tailored look with structured shaping creating a deep base, indented seat and curved back so you can feel snug whilst your lower back remains supported when seated.
The inner bag consists of a sturdy barrier interlining which adds even more support, encasing our compostable filling. We have taken every step in the design and manufacturing process to make this Bean Chair as sustainable as possible to help reduce our impact on the environment. All our bean products come directly to you ready-filled to reduce the mess and hassle - leave that to us. All you need to do is take out the product, sit back and unwind.
We are proud to say our products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom.
Fabrics and fillings
- Bio foam plant-based alternative filling that looks and acts like a polystyrene bead but is 100% natural and compostable
- 100% waxed cotton water-repellent outer cover
- 100% calico barrier interlining that has been tested to the latest fire safety standards
- Two safety lock zips prevent child’s access to filling but allows you to remove the cover for cleaning
- Outer bag has been treated with wax for high water resistance
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured topstitch for a tailored look
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- All thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Lightweight and easy to move from indoors to outdoors
- Durable and hard-wearing
- Outer cover can be removed if you want a new look
- Two inner ties to allow you to fit the outer cover over the lining with ease
90cm high x 85cm diameter
We make sure all our Bean Chairs are generously filled with our plant-based alternative filling for ultimate comfort and a sturdy structure.
Care and Cleaning
With a high-quality wax finish, the cover is splash resistant. Any attempt to spot clean should be done with a cold, damp, soft cloth with no chemicals added. Any heat added to the fabric will melt and damage the wax, reducing its water repellent coating. To change the cover, please use the safety pin supplied with the product. Place it through your zipper, pull to open the zips auto-lock, and remove the pin once closed.
- We advise keeping fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid melting the wax or natural bleaching of colours.
- We advise not to leave your beanbag out in the rain as this will result in damage.
- Do not leave your product outdoors when not in use, it will dramatically reduce the longevity of your bean product.
- Store indoors or in a dry area.
- Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your Bean Chair and lightly shake so the filling and fabrics return to their original shape.
If you are experiencing any other problems with your product, please contact a friendly member of our team at [email protected] with a picture of any fault, and we will be happy to help.
Box dimensions –
Large – Chairs, Bags, 180 litres + refills (60cm x 60cm x 70cm)
Medium – Stools, 120 litres refill (62cm x 47cm x 48cm)
Small – Cushion, 60 litre refills (62cm x 47cm x 25cm)
We have kept our packaging simple. We don’t see the need to fill our boxes with nasty plastics or unnecessary paper. You will receive your product in just the box its posted in. All we ask of you is to recycle the box and sit back and enjoy your new beanbag.
We normally dispatch orders within one to two weeks, however because of the hand made nature of our products in some instances it can take longer. You will receive a confirmation email when the product is dispatched, and you should receive it the next working day via DPD.